Douglas Adams sadly passed away some years ago but not before he left a legacy of some writings i have long loved. He had a rare way of describing both the mundane things of life and the things that are ‘out of this world’ ( he was the Author of the Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series amongst other works)
Here is one example of the latter…
- Phone NASA. Their phone number is (713) 483-3111. Explain that it is very important that you get away as soon as possible.
- If they do not cooperate, phone any friend you may have in the White House—(20…—to have a word on your behalf with the guys at NASA.
- If you don’t have any friends in the White House, phone the Kremlin (ask the overseas operator for 0107-095-295-9051). They don’t have any friends there either (at least, none to speak of), but they do seem to have a little influence, so you may as well try.
- If that also fails, phone the pope for guidance. His telephone number is 011-39-6-6982, and I gather his switchboard is infallible.
- If all these attempts fail, flag down a passing flying saucer and explain that it is vitally important you get away before your phone bill arrives.