Not just a cute weblog name – a Philosophy*!
*[Middle English philosophie, from Old French, from Latin philosophia, from Greek philosophiā, from philosophos, lover of wisdom, philosopher.]
The Love of Wisdom**!
**American Heritage Dictionary – Cite This Source – Share This
|wis·dom (wĭz’dəm) Pronunciation Key
- The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
- Common sense; good judgment: “It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things” (Henry David Thoreau).
- The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: “In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations” (Maya Angelou).
- Wise teachings of the ancient sages.
- A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.
- Wisdom Bible Wisdom of Solomon.
P.S. forgive the format – learner in progress! : ) Hopefully things will improve in time